Wed 5th June 2019
4:15pm - 6:15pm
Ludwick Nursery School
Welwyn Garden City
- Learn how to support young children’s early compositional & transcriptional skills, in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Explore the developmental stages of mark-making and writing, and how to build upon these.
- Receive a framework to take away, that will support teaching & assessment in this area.
- Understand how adults can sensitively shape children’s early writing skills through high quality interactions in their everyday play experiences.
- Consider the types of mark making and writing experiences that inspire children versus those that may discourage them.
- Learn tried and tested strategies for supporting reluctant writers and for extending more confident writers
Aimed at all who work with children aged 3years to the end of YR. Also useful to those leading on literacy in schools and those working in Year 1 who wish to improve outcomes for children operating below typical development in this area.
Cost: £30 per person
Bookings are closed for this event.